Sunday 5 May 2013

MUA Trio Eyeshadow - Innocence

My latest purchase has been the MUA trio eyeshadow in Innocence as I am on the search for nudes that won't eat my money up entirely!
 

 
As you can see, they are very wearable colours that will go with pretty much anything and won't scream 'I have no clue how to apply make-up' if I mess up - phew! The packaging isn't particularly sturdy, but what can you do when it costs you £2.50? I am not moaning, as the shape of the actual eyeshadow makes up for it. Yes, I know that sounds sad, but I have a slight preference to rounded shadows. Why? I don't really know, I think it's the satisfaction that you get when the dome slowly decreases in height - and yes, that made me sound even more sad. It does come with a brush but I really don't think that I will use it as they are the tiny foam blobs on the end of a stick. But, if you don't have any other brushes they will work still, that's just my opinion.
 
 
Here are the colours swatched. My finger furthest to the left is the eyeshadow on the top right on the last photograph, which is a lovely golden colour that is heavily shimmered, but is not that much like the colour in the palette. It is quite a bit lighter and less of a champagne colour.
My middle finger is the bottom right eyeshadow and is a very useful colour for your tear duct, or just a base to your eyeshadows - but it is extremely pigmented on your fingers so you wouldn't need a lot!
Finally, the colour on my right finger is the eyeshadow to the left, this isn't so pigmented but I don't think it needs to be as it is so dark.
All are shimmery, and the consistency is ok... It isn't horrible and is very good for the price.
 
 
So, here's what they look like on your eyes! This is what the golden eyeshadow look like and as you can tell, the pigment isn't as great when applied to my eyelid, but is still a really nice nude.
 
 
This is the white, which I think is an extremely pretty colour, not so much on it's own but when a colour is applied on top it looks very, very pretty.
 
 
This is the final eyeshadow, and I must admit, I am not so keen on this. It completely changes colour when on my eyelid and turns to a orangey/terracotta colour which, in my opinion doesn't suit  my skin tone all too well, but if you have a darker/warmer skin tone it will probably look a lot better.
 
 
I then put them all together and wall-a! Altogether a very pretty nude trio, and I highly recommend trying this - but put them together as they look a lot better!
 
MUA Trio Eyeshadow in Innocence retails at £2.50
 


No comments:

Post a Comment